HISTORY OF JPA PLACEMENT AND LOCATION
The history of Public Service Department Malaysia (PSD) began on 22 August 1934 with the establishment of Malayan Establishment Office (MEO) or Pejabat Perjawatan Malaya, which operated in City Hall, Singapore. When the administration shifted to Tanah Melayu in 1954, the Department was also relocated to Kuala Lumpur, headquartered in the Federal Building, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin. Subsequently, increasing functions and size prompted the Department to move to a new location in UMBC Building, Jalan Sulaiman and then to Sulaiman Building, Jalan Damansara followed by relocation to Wisma Bernama, Jalan Tun Razak. To provide easy access to the public, several Divisions providing counter services were placed in the city centre of Kuala Lumpur such as Consultancy and Records Branch at Wisma PKNS, Pensions Division at KWSG Building, Jalan Kampung Attap, and Training and Career Development Division at PERKIM Building, Jalan Raja Laut.
It was only in 1993 that all the divisions were placed under one roof when PSD moved to its own building in PSD Complex, Jalan Tun Ismail, Kuala Lumpur. To facilitate the customers in East Malaysia, Post-Service Division branch offices were opened in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and Kuching, Sarawak. Following the Government’s policy to centralise all government offices in one location at the Federal Government Administration Centre in Putrajaya, PSD was relocated to Complex C, Putrajaya on 15 April 2001. Further, the Competency Management Branch was stationed at Sapura@Mines building, Seri Kembangan. Following PSD rebranding in 2009, three Divisions were relocated to MKN-Embassy Techzone Building, Cyberjaya, namely Information Management Division, Psychology Management Division, and Remuneration Division as well as Internal Audit Unit.
- Hits: 16995