Director General Of Public Service
In 1967, Pejabat Perjawatan Persekutuan was renamed as Establishment Office of Malaysia. The name Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) was first used on 15 August 1968. During the era of Sir John Huggins in 1934, the title used by the Head of Administrative Service was Malayan Establishment Officer.
Subsequently, when A.J. Gracie held the position in 1954, the title was changed to Federation Establishment Officer. After H.G. Turner replaced Gracie in 1957 until Tan Sri Ahmad Hj. Husin assumed the position of Head of Public Sector Service in 1960, the title used was Principal Establishment Officer (P. E.O).
The title was changed to Ketua Pegawai Perjawatan in 1962 and remained in use until 1967, which was when Tunku Mohamed Tunku Besar Burhanuddin led the public service. When Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Shamsuddin helmed the leadership, the title was changed to Pengarah Perjawatan Malaysia in 1968.
Later, it was changed to the title of Ketua Pengarah Perkhidmatan Awam (KPPA) as used in Service Circular No. 2 Year 1968 dated 7 October 1968. The title remains in use until today. Since 1 July 1954, PSD has been led by 24 Directors General of Public Service.
- Hits: 15686