Legal Advisors Office
To provide quality and professional legal advice that is in accordance with the Federal Constitution and laws of Malaysia.
- Provides legal advice in respect of matters referred to the Office by the Government.
- Assists in interpreting the law when required by the Government.
- Drafts or vets legal documents such as legal notice, agreement and memorandum of understanding to which the Government is a party in ensuring that the interest of the Government is protected.
- Assists in research or studies on law matters when required by the Government.
- Provides advice on matters for which the Government intends to regulate, prepares draft bills on such matters (if any) to reflect the policy decision made by the Government and submits the draft bills to the Parliamentary Draftsman for approval.
- Participates in contract negotiations in respect of Government projects, particularly privatisation and information and communications technology projects.
- Attends meetings and gives legal advice on the matters discussed to ensure that any policy decision made by the Government is in accordance with the law.
- Participates in information sharing or training sessions on legal matters by providing legal expertise to both parties, i.e., the Government and non-Government agencies.
- Hits: 13148